Why join us?
Our Vision is to promote quality healthcare—to be seen as a trusted provider of efficient, safe and comprehensive healthcare for our patients and their carers. Well-selected and supported staff with the governance of a caring organisation helps us achieve this vision. We select our team to fit our positive, caring, harmonious, professional environment. In working collaboratively and respectfully together, we recognise that the combined efforts of all participants exceed that which we can accomplish individually.
Click through below to see more information about available positions.
Short Stay Surgical Ward, Adult and Paediatric Nurses
Nursing - General Medical & Surgical (Healthcare & Medical)
PART TIME POSITION
We are seeking to recruit experienced nurses for our newly opened short stay surgical ward in a part time or casual capacity. As a Short Stay Surgical Nurse you will ensure the exceptional delivery of patient centred care including:
- Delivery of safe, evidence based nursing care
- Work collaboratively with the wider healthcare team to support patient care needs, including education.
- Contributing to quality improvement and safety
- Act as a role model for Safe Practice
Herston Private Hospital’s vision of ‘Your Care in Our Hands’ embodies our commitment to the trust and safety of our patients, staff, and visitors.
Applicants will be required to provide evidence of:
- Registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) or equivalent as a Registered or Enrolled Nurse
- Minimum two (2) years' recent experience as a surgical ward Nurse
Employment with Herston Private Hospital is subject to you having current immunity status as per hospital policy.
To apply for this role, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae including contact details for 2 referees, and
- A statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria detailed below
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated understanding of the roles and functions of the role which you are applying for.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Current Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desirable)
- Knowledge of National Safety and Quality and Health Service (NSQHS) Standards.
- Friendly, positive, effective communication skills that demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain relationships within teams and with external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients and their carers/families.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and experience in the implementation of patient centred, high quality clinical care.
- Self-motivated and proven ability to work as part of a high functioning team.
- Proactive, motivated and customer focused.
HPH is committed to employing a workforce that reflects the community we care for. We encourage applications from people that are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island, culturally diverse, sexuality or gender diverse and/or living with disabilities.
Interviews will be held as suitable applications are received. Please address your application via SEEK to the Chief Operating Officer/Director of Nursing.
All enquiries to:
Ms Libbie Linley – Chief Operating Officer / Director of Nursing