Construction Begins at Herston Private Hospital & Specialist Suites
After months of detailed planning the wait is finally over, and construction has commenced on Herston Private Hospital & Specialist Suites. This ten-level day hospital and specialist suite precinct will offer State of the Art facilities to Brisbane’s medical community. Located only 200 metres from the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, it also offers one of Brisbane’s last opportunities to practice so close to Queensland’s largest tertiary hospital.
Adco, one of Australia’s leading commercial construction companies have been appointed as project builders. Adco have completed over 3500 projects nationally so are well equipped to take on this venture. The important task of project and construction management has been put in the hands of Akalan. Both companies are specialists in working with healthcare facilities across the east coast of Australia.
Working with experts like Adco and Akalan showed its value during the onset of the covid-19 outbreak as both companies, alongside AustralAsian Property Group, responded quickly to implement a Covid safe workplan that allowed building works to proceed. We are now at the stage where bulk and detailed excavation has been completed.
The project design has been completed to meet the requirements of a 5 star NABERS rating, incorporating:
- High thermal performance building shell
- Roof top photovoltaic thermal panel system to generate 25% of the buildings annual energy consumption
- Rainwater harvesting and storage system to store 80% of the annual non potable water usage
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Electrical Metering all major circuits and sub circuits
A NABERS rating assists in attracting the right tenants with many Tenants using NABERS to measure their environmental performance having reported:
- an average improvement in emissions of 11.5%
- a 9% increase in water efficiency saving a total of 257,000 tonnes of CO2
- 1,100 megalitres of water every year.
- Plus, NABERS rated buildings have saved over $400million in energy bills since 2010
For further information please contact us and one of our team members will be in touch.